Thursday, October 13, 2011

August 10, 2011

August 10th, 2011

*I've been wanting to post this (since I had written it like eons ago)... so here it is. one of my favorite stories of all time.*


On our way to Break the Barriers, Jackson asked me "Why can't I see God?" He's asked this before, but not having an answer that he could possibly understand, I sort of dismissed it. This time, though, I prayed a little "Lord help me explain..." type of prayer and this began our conversation.


Me: "well, it's sort of like the wind... we can see the trees blowing, but we can't see the wind." Jackson nods. Some how we start talking about what is "alive" and what is "dead." I explain how alive is when we eat and grow and breathe. But dead... is when our soul goes to heaven.

Jackson: "what's heaven?"

Me: "that's where God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit live. Did you know Jesus is God's son?" Jackson shakes his head 'no'. I then begin to explain how God had his son, Jesus, come to earth to tell people about God. I tried my best to explain the gospel in the most simple and understandable way I could... praying this makes sense in my little 3 year old's mind. I check in with him every few sentences to make sure this is getting through to him. I ask him "have you ever asked Jesus into your heart, Jackson?" he shakes his head 'no.' "Would you like to ask Jesus into your heart?" A huge grin appears on my little boys face and he says "YES."

I lead him through the prayer... (which he has been spontaneously praying lately thanking God for things and praying for friends and family around us... so I shouldn't have been surprised when he took over at the end) I realize that he wanted to pray on his own, without me leading him, so I said "go ahead, Jackson, you can finish the prayer..."

Jackson:"...and thank you God for living in my heart. I love you Jesus, so much. In Jesus' name, amen."

We were almost to BTB, but I couldn't help but let the tears rolls down my face, thanking God for this little man who has placed his faith in Jesus. I told him he needs to tell people, like Daddy and Grandma, that he has Jesus in his heart and he starts rambling off people he knows that love God. I laughed. He's too cute. But sure enough, when we see Grandma, he tells her "GRANDMA! I have Jesus in my heart!" This happened today, August 10th, 2011 around 9:40am. I know Jesus has a special place in his heart for children. And days like today, I can see why. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I. LOVE. IT!!! Sooo much!!!! Such an ah-mazing story, ah-mazing little man, and ah-mazing MOMMY!!!! What a precious gift!!! :)

    ReplyDelete